Saturday, May 7, 2011

Review: EXIT-13 "THE UNREQUITED LOVE FOR CHICKEN SOUP" 7"EP

EXIT-13
THE UNREQUITED LOVE FOR CHICKEN SOUP 7"EP 1990
THRASH RECORDS


My first encountered with Exit-13 is nothing special. I remembered reading Vortex From The East #3 (if I can remember it correctly) and there was a review about Exit-13, popping my curiosity up to the max with it's unique grindcore way. During that time, Earache just released the legendary Grind Crusher Compilation, and some bands I know their existence and innovative through that compilation, say.. Heresy and Sore Throat, and reading about Exit-13 was really intriguing.


My first hearing of Exit-13 is this 7"EP, got from tape trading with a friend. Exit-13 is somewhat beyond my expectation! I remembered it being almost every time in my cassette deck and walkman player.

Exit-13 combines various aspects of musical life into so-called grindcore genre. The sounds of trumpet, jazz, the wordings, the fast-and-slow tempo interchangeably, grabbed my attention towards digging more and more. That's what simply I could say within the context of this EP.

But not until 20 years later that I can afford to dig their stuffs again, in a most decent format, CD and EP, which before only in jurassic era of cassette tape.


It feels good to see this as a result of 20 years waiting. But sadly though the band has called it off.

1 comment:

  1. baru dapat kompilasi discografi Exit-13 double CD tu... sekali dengar 1-2 lagu... pro marijuana tu hahah.

    ReplyDelete