Monday, July 9, 2012

Resuscitation of evilness...

With reference to the title, recently I was told by a friend that Purtenance (Finland) had released an MCD and asked me whether I already ordered that. I was a bit shocked to hear that, asking myself, when the hell that Purtenance have an MCD. I quickly surfed metal-archived to find Purtenance's latest news and to my surprise, they had released "Sacrifice The King" MCD under Spanish Xtreem Music. Of course it went out on July 2nd. I quickly placed the order through the label website. Not that I am afraid that it'll quickly sold out, but I am more concerned in discovering what would their new sound would be. It's been past 20 years since their "Members Of Immortal Damnation" album released, and let's hope that the waiting for all these years worthwhile.


Recently too that I found out Finnish Convulse just reformed and kicking with their shirt with demo motive released. I contacted Rami Jamsa, vocal/guitar of Convulse to confirm their resuscitation. Few days ago, I got the reply, it is confirmed!

I mean, in the early 90s, Purtenance's "Members.." and Convulse's "World Without.." had really influenced my musical preference. It's Finnish and British bands that most molded my taste in music. When hearing these 2 bands are reforming, I cannot refrain myself. I have to have their releases!

While waiting for the Purtenance MCD to arrive, the disturbance is whether they have changed the sounds to groovy death metal like what other Finnish bands were doing, or will it still be death metal in ancient way..


No comments:

Post a Comment